Monday, November 2, 2009

Cinnamon Roll Cake

I know, two posts in one day! Crazy! But I had to post this. I am an avid food blog junkie, I cant get enough of them. I am always reading and getting new ideas, maybe one day I will have one of my own, but I need to find time to cook first. But for now I read and dream of things to make when I find the time. I found this recipe on a blog called Abby Sweets. My heaven, tons of sugar and good things! This is my first recipe that I have tried of her's and I will be going back for more soon! I made this cake last weekend for me and my man and he LOVED it! So I made it again for a party we went to on Halloween and they all LOVED it! I made it again last night for my family, and.... they LOVED it! So I thought I would share it. Maybe some of you will LOVE it too!! It is super simple to make and from start to finish takes less than an hour. Enjoy!

Cinnamon Roll Cake

Yellow Cake Mix
4 eggs
¾ cup oil
1 cup sour cream

Mix by hand and pour in 13 x 9 greased baking pan.

1 cup brown sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
Mix and pour over cake batter. Swirl into batter with knife.

Bake @ 325 for 40 minutes. Let cake cool 10 – 15 minutes before icing.

Icing:
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tbsp milk

Pour over warm cake

On the 2nd and 3rd cake I didnt have sour cream and really didnt want to go to the store so I put in uped the oil, putting in 1 cup and then sprinkled chocolate chips on top. Divine! With sour cream it is a moist cake, with no sour cream and a bit more oil, a denser brownie like heaven. Either way they are to die for! Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Brooke....It was awesome. Roy commented that he would pay you if you would make that cake again for him. Thanks for coming to our little get together and just bringing your company, it was delightful!