Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Some respect please?!

I love my job, I really do, I promise. But sometimes I really really dont care for some of the people that I work with. I work at a hospital where we see all types of patients and work with all types of people. Most of those people I can handle, but there are some that I would rather jump off a cliff then work with. And then there are those people who dont come to our unit very often, usually only for a short time, a month or two and think they know everything about anything that comes their way. It drives me BONKERS!!!! I want to tell them to get off their high horse and listen to those around them as we know our stuff as well, maybe not as good, but still we know what we are talking about. I was talking to my husband the other day after a bad night at work and told him something that I believe to be so true. When you are a visiting staff memeber on our unit, it would be in ones best interest to not be rude or offend the techs and nurses that you are working with. If you do so, you will regert it for as long as you are on that unit. This is so true. The nurses and techs are the heart of the unit, we do so much and yet at times we are treated like dirt. Eventhough we are the lowest on the food chain, does not mean we are dumb. Have some respect will ya, we are trying just as hard as you to make those that come see us to feel better. It is all about RESPECT people!

*Three posts in one day, its all for you Nat! ;) lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your so funny I'm so glad you found someone that makes you happy its no fun to be alone we both know that. You have been spending a ton of time in st george you lucky girl I miss that a lot.